10 questions to ask ERP Manufacturing vendors during the selection process.
Are you going through the process of finding the best ERP for your manufacturing, distribution, and automotive business? Here are some questions we think are essential:
- How fast will my business be up and running on your software?
- How can I configure my business’s unique needs without heavy reliance on coding and customising the software?
- What features and capabilities can we access via mobile devices?
- How does the system architecture integrate with third-party applications?
- How does your software enable seamless collaboration between internal and external stakeholders?
- What services are available to support implementation and deployment?
- How will the AI capabilities you provide help in my operations?
- What industry-specific capabilities does your software provide?
- How will your cloud platform keep my data safe?
- Which industry-specific security standards do you comply with?
Wherever you are within your selection process it can be a daunting task.
Here at BrainStorm IT we specialise in doing complete system reviews. This can include but not limited to:
- Detailed needs analysis based on present and projected future requirements.
- Preparation of an ERP Requirement Document, with sufficient detail to take to tender.
- Identifying additional requirements and functionality beyond the core ERP such as:
- Potential interfaces to external systems/plant and machinery
- Other non-core modules that may be required now or in the future such as Project Management, Service/Plant maintenance or Quality Control
- Flexibility and potential to extend to cater for the special needs of your business.
- Robustness and ability to operate in the absence of real-time data connections.
Beyond the Initial Review, BSIT can also assist with:
- ERP licence sales (if suitable)
- ERP Implementation
- Data analysis and conversion from legacy systems
- Integrations with external systems and/or machinery
- Custom development Maintenance and support
- Backup and disaster recovery
Process for an ERP selection guide in preparation for your ERP
Fill out the form below to see what is involved in a systems review and how you can save time and money in your selection and implementation and/or upgrade.